Things have slowed down a bit now that I have caught up with most feature requests. The main one still outstanding is 'phong shading', which I will take a good look at in the not too distant future. I'm hoping to get a release of TyrQuake out soon too - it's been nearly 4 years since the last release!
I think the coolest new feature in this release is the bmodel shadows and self-shadowing.
TyrUtils v0.7 changes:
- Unix man page documentation for the main tools (qbsp, light, vis)
- HTML and text documentation is generated from the man page sources
- qbsp: added support for using WAD3 texture wads used by Hammer
- qbsp: include clip brushes when calculating bmodel bounding box
- qbsp: enable creation of clip-only bmodels
- qbsp: recognise and remove waterskip, slimeskip and *lavaskip surfaces
- qbsp: added hintskip texture support
- qbsp: fixed some bugs parsing empty func_group/func_detail entities
- light: implemented self shadowing and full shadows for brush models
- light: implemented the "-soft" command line option
- light: implemented the "-addmin" command line option
- light: implemented the "anglescale" (aka "anglesense") key and cmdline
- light: remove support for negative color components (never worked properly)
- light: removed the "-nominlimit" option (now the default behaviour)
- light: removed the "-compress" option (a bad idea from long ago)
- light: make -gate command line affect linear falloff lights as well
- vis: changed the default testlevel to 4
- vis: added the '-noambient*' options to disable auto ambient sounds.
Download from the utils page as usual (Win32 / OSX / source).